Registered Charity No. 1080507 Scottish Charity No. SCO 37932
The Turner Syndrome Support Society is a national charity caring for the needs of those with Turner Syndrome throughout the United Kingdom.
Aims and Objectives
- The Turner Syndrome Support Society offers support, advice and information to women and girls with Turner Syndrome and their families.
- The Society enjoys a good relationship with relevant specialists to promote a good basis for education and management of Turner Syndrome.
- Communication with other support groups, both domestic and international, is important and offers the opportunity for an exchange of ideas to help develop awareness and greater understanding of Turner Syndrome worldwide.
- The society will hold an annual conference and a number of open days every year.
Members of the Society:
- receive regular copies of a TSSS newsletter
- have access to a membership network for social contact with others who share the same interest and concerns throughout the UK
- can attend an annual conference and a number of open days around the country
- get the opportunity to form lasting friendships, especially amongst the teenagers with TS
- access to information about TS and friendly advice.
By becoming a member, the TSSS can put you in touch with someone as close to where you live as possible or at least provide telephone or written contact via its contact network.
The TSSS is run by volunteers all closely involved with Turner Syndrome. Membership is not compulsory but offers further benefits and the small membership fee enables TSSS to continue to offer support to others. The publication list gives details of information leaflets and guides that are available from the TSSS.