What information do we collect?
We collect data from you when you
- Join the society
- Book to attend a TSSS event or
- Place an order with us
- Use the contact us form.
You can however visit our site anonymously at any time.
What do we use your information for?
We may use your information in the following ways:
- To assist with your membership application
- To personalise your shopping experience by being able to respond to your individual requirements
- To assist you in the event of a problem completing your purchase
- To improve our service to you by evaluating feedback and information from you
- To process transactions (your information both public and private will not be shared, sold, exchanged or given to any 3rd party company for any reason whatsoever without your consent, except for delivering the intended product or service that you have requested from us)
How long do we hold your data?
- Personal data relating to transactions is deleted after seven years
- Personal data that is used for contact and membership purposes will be retained for 5 years unless you choose to opt out
How do we protect and safeguard your personal information?
We have a variety of security measures in place to protect your personal information. These include electronic safeguards, such as encryption, and physical safeguards and security.
Card payments are encrypted by our secure third-party payment provider. No payment information is stored by us.
Withdrawing your consent
- If you would like to withdraw your consent, please contact us directly.
- Once you notify us of your request, we will respond to within one month confirming we have completed your request.
Who has access to your data?
Access to your personal data is restricted at all times. Only our employees or trustees will be able to access your data. Their access and activities are restricted to the purposes outlined above.
Unsolicited Email Policy
Internet user privacy is of upmost importance to us and our members. Our success depends on our ability to maintain the trust of our members. To this end, we have two overriding policies:
Message recipient policy
Before members can receive email messages, advertising or promotions, members must have agreed to receive such messages, by either purchasing from us or by opting into one of our mailing lists. Any recipient may request at any time to be removed from our list, and we will comply with that request. In addition, we will thoroughly investigate any allegations made by recipients relating to unsolicited messages.
Your email address is safe with us.
- We never sell or share your email addresses with third parties.
- If you receive a newsletter or email and decide you no longer wish to receive it, contact us using the email address which sent the email.
- If you feel you've been sent unsolicited email and would like to register a complaint, please email us using our contact page.